At home in the heart of town, somewhere to ‘age in place’
The housing development, which opened in Spring 2011, consists of 53 self-contained apartments in the centre of Naas town on the grounds of the former Convent of Mercy. It is a managed service providing housing for older people who are capable of independent living. McAuley Place offers the comfort of home with easy access to shops, restaurants, the church, the post office and other services. Each apartment comprises of one bedroom with a fully equipped kitchen/sitting room and a bathroom with a level-access shower.
Why McAuley Place?
McAuley Place is about location, expectation, connection, creation, inclusion, arts, nature and people.
- Fully equipped kitchen and sitting room
- Cable television
- Gas-fired central heating throughout
- Bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- In the heart of Naas town
- A neighbourhood like community
- Reception desk open 09:00–17:00 on weekdays, 10:00–17:00 on Saturdays
- External security monitoring
- Close to shops, services, entertainment, nature
- Bathroom with level-access shower, a raised toilet and grab rails
- Fully accessible throughout.
- Vibrant Community
- Arts and Culture Centre
- Community Centre
- The Convent Tea Rooms
- Residents’ Lounge
- Concerts and events
- Opportunities to volunteer
- The Luisne Centre and Woodland Garden.
- Residents’ Association
What it's like to be a resident
"You are aware of what you can do as well as what you can't.
"We're both very with our place here, it's a great community.
Anne and Gypsy
Contact to us via phone call, email or post and we would be delighted to talk to you about becoming a resident.